Google
Web Dreamtime
SiteSearch Google

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Jake Shimabukuro - While My Guitar Gently Weeps



New listener Steve Ramm, who writes the monthly Anything Phonographic column for In the Groove emails Dreamtime ...

I found your Podcast by accident when I was searching for Eddie G. I love it!

Just listened to the Watchtower episode. Never heard of Kimo Watanabe before but I cover pop uke music and records. One of the best young Uke players is Jake Shimabukuro whose version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is great. It started on You Tube but is on his CD too. And George Harrison approved of it before he died.

Have you heard Jake?
And no, I hadn't heard Jake but I sure am listening to him now. More on Jake can be found in this Wikipedia entry and his official web site. Thanks for the tip, Steve!

No comments: