Google
Web Dreamtime
SiteSearch Google

Thursday, June 11, 2009

In Samson's Diner

As I've said before, one of the fun things about working on my book about Theme Time Radio Hour, Night Time in the Big City, is learning about the counterparts of the Abernathy Building, Studio B, Carl's Barber Shop, Elmo's, and more.

Are any of those places real?  Tell me what "real" means, and I might have an answer for you.

I like the pictures in my mind's eye of the Abernathy and Studio B more than the reality, to tell you the truth, although it's still pretty cool to see one of the stages where the Theme Time show was produced. But the real-world doppelgänger of Samson's - pictured to your left - is everything it should be, I think.  Imagination can't improve upon it.

It's rumored that the crew of Theme Time Radio Hour could often be found at the counter after a long shift in Studio B.  Tex Carbone was said to especially favor the burritos.

And no, I'm not going to tell you where it was... yet.  That's called a teaser.

On another note, posting here at Dreamtime is going to get sporadic during the summer, as we finish up the book. I love blogging, but items I'd normally post here are ending up there, as they should.  We're not going totally away, and will continue to post as circumstances and desire allow.  Stick with us.  We'll make the wait worthwhile.

~ Fred, Jailbait, and the Top Cats

No comments: